St Croix Therapy has been a part of the St. Croix Valley community since 1986. Formerly known as the Special Children Center, our organization has served thousands of patients and families. We celebrate the enduring connections we have built through our professional therapy services.
St Croix Therapy offers both traditional and nontraditional intensive therapy to aid in the development and treatment of children as well as physical development and recovery therapies for adults. We serve patients in western Wisconsin as well as the Twin Cities Metro area.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy that achieves the organization’s mission by making consistent and timely progress on goals and objectives
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff
- Carry out policies and procedures authorized by the Board
- Communicate effectively with the Board and supply all necessary information for the Board to make informed decisions
- Assign projects and programs; monitor work flow, and review, evaluate and communicate progress. Work in tandem with team leaders
- Direct and support staff members providing therapy services
- Develop innovative methods of delivery of services based on needs of patients in collaboration with the team leads and staff members
- Market the organization to the community in order to increase presence and revenues and meet the organization’s mission
- Lead budget preparation and administration; monitor and control expenditures
- Serve as the organization’s primary spokesperson
- Responsible for hiring and managing a competent, qualified staff, and many HR activities
- A bachelor’s degree or greater in a professional rehabilitation field (i.e. Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, or Audiology), or in the area of healthcare administration, or business administration, or a similar field.
- Five or more years of management experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills and organizational skills; strong public speaker; financial management and accountability.
- Proficient in a variety of current technologies.
- Ability to motivate and manage staff and volunteers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to organization needs in prompt and timely fashion.
- Prior non-profit experience is desirable.
- This is an exempt, full-time position. It does require time outside an 8:00-5:00, Monday through Friday schedule.
- Extensive local travel, driving and exposure to weather conditions.
- Physical activity that includes extensive time working on a computer and on a telephone, and the ability to lift 35 lbs.
Click here to view a PDF of the full Executive Director job profile.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit confidential cover letter, resumé, salary history and requirements electronically to:
ST. CROIX THERAPY
Executive Director Search Committee
Direct any questions to:
Deadline: September 15, 2016